Daring to Dream® - how the fund works
Daring to Dream® – how the fund works
The fund is managed (in terms of governance, investment, monitoring and administration) by the Community Foundation in Wales
The Fund’s aims are:
- To support the emotional health and well-being of ward patients within Cardiff & Vale University Health Board hospitals by providing funds to purchase appropriate goods and services to support individual patients and / or groups of patients
- To contribute to enhancing patient capacity for recovering from, adapting to or living with the impact of their serious or chronic health condition by providing ward-based goods and services that add value to all the medical expertise and care that they each receive whilst on a ward.
- To build a sustainable source of funding, that will grow over time and provide grant allocations well into the future.
Please note that:
- Initially the Fund will focus on supporting ward patients within Cardiology at University Hospital of Wales but seeks to expand to other clinical areas for the purchase of appropriate goods and services as the fund grows
- The selection of goods and services to support the emotional health of individual and / or groups of patients sits with the ward clinical team(s)
- In 2019, initially the fund will be one which has immediate impact whilst we build engagement, donations and the supporting narrative.
Donations can be made at any point into this Fund through a range of means via the Community Foundation in Wales. Fund raising will be by various methods including
- a) individual donations
- b) one-off fund-raising activities
- c) by a monthly gift-aided donation in the form of a direct debit and
- d) as a bequest in a will
Wherever eligible and appropriate, the Community Foundation in Wales encourages donors to Gift Aid their donations and recovers tax from HM Revenue & Customs. For all donors giving to Daring to Dream®, the Community Foundation in Wales will manage all gift aid claims, with all gift aid added to the Fund.
This means that each £1 gift aided donation becomes £1.25 for the fund. From this 12.5 pence is allocated towards the Community Foundation’s administrative fees, leaving £1.125 as the amount put directly into Daring to Dream from that initial £1 donation.