Leading Wales Awards Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with Barbara Chidgey as the named data controller.
We will never share your data with a third party without your permission.
With the arrival of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in May 2018 we wish to advise you of the following:
- When registering on line and submitting a completed nomination, the contact data of both the nominee and nominator is requested.
- Under the principle of “Legitimate Interests” this data will be used to contact you about your nomination, short listing, administrative arrangements and Awards Lunch & Ceremony arrangements.
- Both when you register on line and when submitting a nomination, you are asked if you wish your data to be added to our database that we use for promotional emails about nominations, shortlisted finalists and announcing the winners. Only those who say “yes” will be added to that database.
- When we do send out eshots, we use proprietary software called mailchimp which is GDPR-compliant. It provides a) an unsubscribe button and b) manages the data and keeps a record of additions and unsubscribes.
- At events, in face-to-face meetings etc we now carefully ask people for their permission for the addition of their contact email address to our database for promotional emails.
- We now keep a record of permissions granted.
- When organising an event (such as a Leadership Conversation), we use Eventbrite and our data controller will respond to bookings under the principle of “Legitimate Interests” in order to provide joining instructions, feedback and slides etc following an event, but not for marketing purposes unless the delegate has opted-in to such mailings.