Frequently Asked Questions
Who can be nominated?
Anyone who has a leadership role (at whatever level) in any occupation or sector can be nominated for an Award providing that they work or volunteer in Wales.
How many awards are there?
There are 8 Award Categories for nominations; 7 recognise individual leadership in
- Public Sector
- Voluntary Sector
- Private Sector
- Social Enterprise
- Young Leader (14 – 25 years)
- Women in Leadership
- Leadership for the Future (sustainability) and finally
- An Organisational Award for Leadership Development
How do I make a nomination?
Go to the Awards Categories menu, register the name and contact details of both your nominee and yourself and then download the nomination document. Once you have completed your nomination please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 on Friday 1st June 2018.
What does it cost?
There are no costs for entries into the Awards.
May I nominate an individual in more than 1 category?
You may nominate the same individual in more than one category – if it is appropriate to do so.
Completing the nomination form – some guidance:
In general, our advice to nominators is to:
- Ensure that your nominee is available on judging day (Thursday 12th July 2018 at Hilton Cardiff). This is the day on which Judging of all shortlisted nominees for each category takes place and no alternative dates are available although we are able to offer interview-by-Skype on that day.
- Arrange to meet up with your nominee and draft the content together – it is essential that you plan this in good time and don’t leave the completion of your nomination until the last minute.
- Read each question and provide each answer relating to that question only
- Keep your answers “evidence based” and relevant to the question you are answering
- You are welcome to answer in point form rather than in paragraphs
- Answer all the questions
- Maximum answer length is 300 words in any one section
- Confirm that you have discussed this submission with your nominee and that they agree with the submission
What language may I make my nomination submission in?
We provide nomination documents in both English and Welsh and encourage participation in the language of your choice. For those who are short listed, we do our best to also provide the opportunity for the Judging Interview to be in Welsh if requested. (This may not always be possible – but we will do our best).
What language will administrative communications be carried out in?
Administrative communications which respond to nominations received, outcome of short listing, Judging Day and Awards Lunch arrangements will be in English only.
When will I hear if my nominee has been shortlisted?
All nominators and nominees will hear during the week beginning 25th June 2018 the outcome of their nomination.
If my nominee is short listed what will happen then?
All short-listed nominees and their nominators are contacted and both are invited to attend the Judging panel interviews which will take place at Hilton Cardiff on Thursday 12th July 2018.
Please note that we are not able to make alternative arrangements for Judging.
Some category panels will meet in the morning and some in the afternoon – which panel meets when is agreed once we have short listed. We try and arrange a schedule which allows travel time for those attending. We are not able to alter interview times once they have been set.
Please note that each nominator attends the panel interview with the finalist.
Judges decisions are final; no correspondence will be entered into.
The results of the Judging are kept confidential until announces at the Awards Lunch & Ceremony on Thursday 27th September 2018
On the Judging Day, following the short-listed finalist’s interview we also film, take photographs for use on the website and event programme and finalise each finalist’s “Leadership Journey” for our website.
When and where is the Awards Lunch and Ceremony?
The Awards Lunch & Ceremony is to take place on Thursday 27th September 2018 at Hilton Cardiff. Tickets are £57.50 + VAT and each finalist receives 1 complementary ticket. All tickets purchased must be paid for before the event. It is expected that all finalists will be able to attend.
How will you contact any Young Leader nominees who are less than 18 years old?
The Young Leader Award is for Young Leaders between 14 and 25 years old. If your nominee is less than 18 years old please do not provide their contact details, only their name. For those who are younger than 18 years old we will only communicate with him / her via their nominator.
Parental permission for Young Leader nominations for under 18-year olds:
We request that the nominator obtains a letter of permission from the parents of any nominee who is less than 18 years old and submits that together with their nomination document.