Leading Wales Awards 2018 Winners
We are delighted to announce the full list of winners who were awarded with their trophies at last week’s highly successful 2018 Leading Wales Awards Lunch & Ceremony.
Barbara Chidgey, Executive Chair of the Leading Wales Awards said: “This year we focused on unearthing nominations from across Wales of individuals whose leadership is inspirational and transformational. Individuals whose leadership is contributing to the delivery of the goals of the Well-being of Future Generations Act.
“Wales may well be ‘the land of our fathers’, but if we are to ensure that it is also the ‘land of our grandchildren’ then it is essential to transform how we work, learn, look after ourselves, each other, our communities, our economy and our culture.
This is all about leadership with a huge “T” for transformation. On behalf of the Consortium we extend our thanks to all who were nominated and our huge congratulations to all the well-deserved winners.
And the winners are:
1. Leadership in the Public Sector, supported by Academi Wales:
Viv Buckley, Deputy Principal, Bridgend College
2. Young Leader Award (14 – 25 years old), sponsored by Hodge:
Lucia Gabrielle Jones, UK Young Ambassador to Europe, British Youth Council
3. Leadership in the Private Sector sponsored by CIPD Wales:
Alex Parr, Managing Director, Wolfestone
4. Leadership in the Voluntary & Not For Profit Sector, sponsored by Williams Ross:
Cerys Furlong, Chief Executive, Chwarae Teg
5. Honorary Award supported by Academi Wales:
Professor Martin Kitchener, (until very recently) Dean of Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University
6. Leadership for the Future (Sustainability), sponsored by RWA:
Karen Davies, CEO, Purple Shoots
7. Women in Leadership supported by Leading Wales Awards Consortium:
Helen Prosser, Strategic Director, The National Centre for Learning Welsh
8. Leadership in Social Enterprise sponsored by ACCA Cymru Wales:
Jenny Sims, CEO & Founder, Pembrokeshire FRAME
9. Inspiring Great Leadership (Organisational Award) sponsored by the Institute of Leadership & Management:
NHS Wales Finance Academy
The Leading Wales Awards is driven forward by a consortium of organisations that passionately believe that good leadership is the key driver to economic success in Wales. The members are:
ACCA Cymru Wales
Learning Pathways Cymru
Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA)